Meet Our Attorneys
Fausto Sanchez is the current Managing Partner of Sanchez Fischer Levine, LLP and is based out of the firm’s headquarters in Miami, Florida. Fausto is a veteran litigator whose practice is focused in the areas of complex commercial litigation, international arbitration, and corporate dispute resolution. His clients include publicly traded companies, large corporate entities, small to mid-sized businesses, private U.S. citizens, and foreign parties, whose businesses span major economic industries, such as hospitality, travel, education, tech, finance, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, and retail.
J.D., Nova Southeastern University, Shepherd Broad Law Center (2010)
- Law Review
- Moot Court
- Nova Trial Association
B.S., Political Science, Florida State University (2006)
- District of Columbia
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
Sanchez Fischer Levine, LLP is excited to announce the addition of Ruben Conitzer, a veteran litigator who brings
Prior to co-founding Sanchez Fischer Levine, Fausto was a partner at a prominent international litigation firm, where he worked on complex, cross-border commercial disputes. He successfully represented numerous corporate entities in multiple jurisdictions throughout the United States. As a fluent Spanish speaker, Fausto routinely worked in conjunction with foreign counsel located in Latin America and Europe to advance client litigation strategies on a global scale.
Fausto began his career working as a prosecutor in Broward County, Florida, where handled thousands of criminal cases and dozens of jury trials, ranging from elaborate economic crimes to violent first-degree felonies. His successes as a prosecutor led him to achieve Board Certification in the State of Florida as a Specialist in Criminal Trial and ACAMS certification as an Anti-Money Laundering Specialist. Fausto’s previous experience and expertise in the area of criminal trial law now serve as a useful tool when representing commercial clients, allowing him to conduct internal investigations and advise corporate clients on issues such as corporate theft, embezzlement, misuse of corporate assets, and compliance.
Fausto is rated an AV-rated Preeminent Attorney by Martindale-Hubbell. He has served as Deputy Regional President and Member of the Board of Directors for Region VIII of the Hispanic National Bar Association and as Vice-Chair for the American Bar Association’s International Ethics Committee. He is an advocate for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, and frequently speaks on panels advocating for the advancement of Hispanic representation in the legal community.
- Represent preeminent hotel chain in variety of matters, including real estate litigation,
commercial evictions, and corporate disputes with third parties.
- Represent leading staffing company in litigation relating to breaches of services contracts.
- Represent prominent plastic surgery center in governmental investigation over consumer complaints for alleged deceptive trade practices and false advertising.
- Represent professional athletes, dancers, choreographers, artists, and other creatives in matters relating to cryptocurrency and digital assets.
- Represented European online university in dispute over sale, purchase, transfer of ownership, and theft of corporate trade secrets.
- Represented 30 American auto dealerships located in 17 different states against Indian automotive conglomerate in multimillion dollar federal and state court mass action litigation for fraud and violation of various “Dealer Day in Court” statutes.
- Represented Costa Rican investment funds in Delaware litigation brought by former investor, twice obtaining dismissal of all claims brought against clients.
- Represented Brazilian-based gaming company in contractual dispute with vendor.
- Represented Venezuelan individual in U.S. lawsuit for fraud and breach of contract against former business associate.
- Represented U.S. construction and engineering company in lawsuit for violations of FLSA and Florida’s Whistleblower Act.
- Represented Venezuelan businessman in defamation action against U.S. television broadcasting company for the publication of false information.
- Represented Miami-Dade Police Officer in appeal of criminal conviction for DUI on basis of
prosecution’s improper burden shifting during closing argument. Obtained
reversal of conviction on appeal.
- Represented Cuban immigrant and U.S. resident, pro bono, in vacating an 18-year-old felony conviction at trial court to avoid client’s deportation, although the trial court’s ruling was subsequently overturned on appeal.
- Conducted internal investigation for Central American agricultural corporate group to discover inappropriate, unauthorized and criminal employee conduct.
- Conducted internal investigation for a Brazilian gaming company to discover internal theft, embezzlement, and misappropriation of corporate funds.
- Represented multiple Central and South American entities and their individual owners in federal criminal investigations for money laundering and other economic crimes.
- Represented the State of Florida in over three thousand criminal cases, including 47 jury trials in Broward County, Florida.
- Speaker, “§ 1782 Proceedings: Providing Foreign Attorneys with United States Federal Court Assistance in Gathering Evidence,” Webinar, Miami (Virtual), April 29, 2020.
- Speaker, “Digital Currency – The Ethical Considerations for Accepting Cryptocurrency as Payment for Legal Services,” ABA International Law Section Conference, Washington D.C., April 2019.
- Speaker, “Superstars of Trial,” American Inns of Court, Miami, Florida, September 2018.
- Quoted, NRA, Republicans Refute GOP Sheriff’s Stand-Your-Ground Claims, https://www.politico.com/
states/florida/story/2018/07/ 30/nra-republicans-refute-gop- sheriffs-stand-your-ground- claims-534054, Politico, July 30, 2018.
- Speaker, “Mitos y Realidades de la Lista Clinton (Myths and Realities of the [OFAC] List),” Diaz, Reus & Targ’s Economic Sanctions Presentation, Bogota, Colombia, 2018.
- Quoted, DUI Conviction of Former Miami-Dade Police Officer Reversed on Appeal, https://www.jdsupra.com/
legalnews/dui-conviction-of- former-miami-dade-poli-75168/, JD Supra, December 31, 2015.
- Author, How Will Lawsuits Targeting Banks Affect Brazil’s Economy?, Interamerican Dialogue’s Latin American Advisor | Financial Services, November 11, 2013.
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Deputy Regional President – Region VIII (Florida) (2018-Present)
- American Bar Association
- Section of International Law – Vice-Chair International Ethics Committee (2018-2021)
- Economics of Blockchain and Digital Assets – Wharton School of Business, UPenn (2022)
- Board Certified Specialist in Criminal Trial Law – Florida Bar (2016-2021)
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist – ACAMS (2016-2021)
- Certified Contract Advisor – NFL Players’ Association (2015-2018)