Alexander Fischer is a founding partner, and current Managing Partner, of Sanchez Fischer Levine, LLP, and heads the firm’s Broward Office. His practice is focused on business litigation and appeals, with a specific emphasis on contract disputes, business formation, employment and discrimination litigation, and municipal violations. Alex’s clients include corporations and individuals, and he routinely represents shareholders in disputes within a corporation. His practice also extends to the area of criminal defense, where he represents individuals accused of federal and state crimes at the trial and appellate levels. As a former prosecutor, Alex also has vast experience in the area of criminal law and is a seasoned trial attorney, with dozens of jury trials handled through verdict.
Prior to founding Sanchez Fischer Levine, Alex worked for a well-respected South Florida law firm handling civil litigation matters for local police departments, private businesses, and individual litigants. Alex successfully represented clients in matters relating to civil forfeitures, FDUTPA violations, employment disputes, civil appeals, and general business litigation. He also litigated matters relating to the new Risk Protection Order (“RPO") law, which allows for law enforcement to seize firearms and ammunition if they are deemed to be a threat to themselves or others. Alex advises his clients as to possible legal issues in the formation of corporations and has represented multiple shareholders in disputes stemming from such agreements.
Alex began his career as a prosecutor in the Office of the State Attorney in and for Broward County, Florida. In just under six years, Alex secured thousands of criminal convictions and prosecuted an array of criminal charges, including violent crimes and major drug trafficking offenses. He tried hundreds of cases on behalf of the citizens of Broward County, including over 40 jury trials. His achievements as a trial lawyer earned him a promotion to the office’s exclusive Drug Trafficking Unit. Alex also served as a supervisor of the Felony Trial Unit, where he handled executive assignment cases in neighboring circuits and supervised up to a dozen attorneys and over 3,000 cases at a time.
Alex is an AV-rated Preeminent Attorney with Martindale-Hubbell and is an active member of the Young Lawyers Section of the Broward County Bar Association and International Jewish Federation.
- Represented plaintiff shareholder in fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, injunctive relief, and judicial dissolution lawsuit against the other shareholder. Negotiated settlement favoring client.
- Represented plaintiff association in specific performance case against homeowner spanning four years. Acquired final summary judgment in favor of client.
- Representing plaintiff minority shareholder in lawsuit against majority shareholder in a derivative and direct action for breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, violation of the uniform fraudulent transfer act, tortious interference with a business relationship, and conversion.
- Representing plaintiff state-wide restaurant company in breach of contract lawsuit.
- Representing plaintiff doctor’s office in breach of employment contract matter.
- Represented police departments in organization and effectuation of the procedures for Risk Protection Orders after the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting.
- Handled seven petitions for Risk Protection Orders for a police department client responsible for one of the largest municipalities in Broward County, successfully securing all seven petitions on behalf of the client.
- Represented police departments in multiple forfeiture actions.
- Represented local police department in appeal of trial court’s finding of Final Summary Judgment granting forfeiture in client’s favor of vehicle used in conjunction with narcotics arrest.
- Represented local police department in appeal of trial court’s finding of Final Summary Judgment granting forfeiture in client’s favor of property found to be contraband under Florida Statutes.
- Represented Condominium Association in appeal of trial court’s finding of Final Summary Judgment in client’s favor.
- Represented plaintiff association in foreclosure trial in Broward County, obtaining judgment in client’s favor.
- Represented plaintiff association in trial for specific performance in Broward County, obtaining judgment in client’s favor.
- Defended several corporate entities in federal discrimination claims. No finding of discrimination was found in any claim.
- Appointed by former Governor Rick Scott to handle three cases in Miami-Dade County, Florida, including attempted murder trial, where Defendant was convicted on all three counts, as well as two separate Robbery with Firearm cases, in which guilty pleas were entered.
- Appointed by former Governor Rick Scott to handle two cases in Palm Beach County, Florida, where Defendant was convicted in both cases via guilty plea.
- Conducted criminal investigations alongside the Drug Enforcement Agency, Homeland Security and local police departments while a prosecutor in the Drug Trafficking Unit.
- Conducted investigations with the Traffic Homicide Unit from all local police departments for the charges of D.U.I. Manslaughter and Vehicular Homicide.
- Supervised up to 15 felony prosecutors at one time, with the authority to waive minimum-mandatory prison sentences, lower charges, or completely dismiss cases as a Felony Supervisor.
- Obtained guilty verdicts in 32 out of 41 criminal jury trials.
- Tatiana and Galina Kasimtseva v. Omega Condominium No. 1 Association, Appellate Case No.: CACE 15-019105 AP (Fla. 17th Cir. 2018) (affirming final summary judgment of association foreclosure against claims of lack of jurisdiction and unsubstantial evidence).
- Speaker, “Society Gone Mad – Emotions & Legalities With ‘Stand Your Ground,’” 3rd Annual Societal Violence Conference, Davie, Florida, August 2019.
- Speaker, “Society Gone Mad – Emotions & Legalities With ‘Stand Your Ground,’” 3rd Annual Societal Violence Conference, Boca Raton, Florida, August 2019.
- Broward County Bar – Young Lawyer’s Section
- International Jewish Federation
HONORS & AWARDS
- “Top Up & Comer" – South Florida Legal Guide (2020)
- AV-Rated Preeminent Attorney – Martindale-Hubbell (2018 – 2020)