Chad S. Purdie is a partner at Sanchez Fischer Levine, LLP, whose well-rounded practice focuses on complex commercial litigation and transactional/regulatory matters, primarily involving international issues. Having practiced in both law firms and in-house at a major international financial services company, Chad possesses a unique business perspective that allows him to mix legal and business judgment to best serve the clients' needs. Those clients include multinational corporations, foreign governments, and their officials, private U.S. and foreign citizens, and local start-up businesses.
He is a veteran litigator that has handled matters from inception through final appeals in both state and federal courts, as well as arbitral tribunals. He specializes in complex law and motion practice, global litigation strategy, and appeals, and has successfully represented numerous corporate entities and foreign government agencies in U.S. litigation. Those matters have included contractual and other business disputes, intellectual property/counterfeiting matters, defamation/First Amendment issues, and international law.
Chad is also an accomplished contract negotiator and corporate attorney, often closing deals involving intellectual property rights, corporate governance, mergers/acquisitions, financing, and distribution rights. He advises clients on intellectual property registration and enforcement, as well as data privacy laws such as the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation and the California Consumer Privacy Act. Chad is also a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist.
- Represented Honduran company in federal court litigation brought by commodities broker for breach of contract; obtained jurisdictional dismissal of all claims.
- Represented German electronics company intellectual property/counterfeiting dispute against Brazilian distributor and those using the counterfeit products in the international marketplace; obtained injunctive relief prohibiting further use and sale of counterfeit products.
- Represented South American government agency in several federal court actions involving RICO and government expropriation claims; obtained dismissal of $400 million expropriation claim.
- Represented Costa Rican investment funds in Delaware litigation brought by a former investor, twice obtaining dismissal of all claims brought against clients.
- Represented South American government agency on behalf of intervened bank in action to recover on guaranty signed by a member of high-profile family.
- Represented Venezuelan government official in defamation dispute involving statements made by New York Times reporter.
- Represented Venezuelan businessman in a defamation action against U.S. television broadcasting company for the publication of false information.
- Successfully negotiated with Swiss company to obtain intellectual property rights to mission-critical technology for messaging app.
- Successfully negotiated more than five dozen money transfer agreements with financial institutions and exchange houses spanning from Hong Kong to Morocco.
- Registered trademarks for international companies and local start-up businesses.
- Drafted international distribution agreement for Latin American office products company.
- Structured and drafted service and licensing agreements for related companies to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Advised multinational company regarding data privacy and security laws, including the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, the Bank Secrecy Act, and the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Negotiated investments in new oil and gas technology resulting in equity funding for an energy start-up.
- Negotiated more than $20 million in emergency financing for an international company.
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist – ACAMS (2008)
HONORS & AWARDS
- “Rising Star” – Florida Super Lawyers (2017)
- “Top Up & Comer” – South Florida Legal Guide (2018-2019)